Thursday, April 29, 2010

What should I call this ?


SLOW COOKER 4 HOURS

Beans, curry and meat. Help me out. Try it and Name it.

10 oz flank steak. (I used Elk but beef will do)
1 med. white onion
2 roasted jalapeno pepper's (I used canned whole roasted)
1 large mild red pepper
1 carrot
8 oz small white beans
32 oz Chicken Stock

Seasonings:
2 TBS Curry Powder
1 tsp Mace
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1 TBS roasted Cumin seeds (I roasted them before making this dish)
1 TBS sugar
salt and pepper

Flank steak: I used George Foreman, but fry or broil to med. rare for flavor.

Boil white beans in 4 cups water for 15 minutes. Pull, drain and place in large bowl and pour 2 cups of ICE over the beans to cool them down.

In a crock pot:

Chopped Veg.
seasoning
Slice steak into 1/4 inch pieces.
rinse beans to melt ice and drain pour drained beans into crock pot.

Cook on Medium for 4 hours. Enjoy a Spicy Sweet Curry dish. Great for Utah Spring Snow storm days.

2 comments:

  1. Rocky Mountain India Pot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I'm too literal...I'm thinking: Slow-cooked curried and spiced beans, veggies and meat stew? Or, how about: Spring Snow Storm Spiced Stew? "SSSSS"? I am assuming you enjoyed it, else you would not have posted, right? --Carl

    ReplyDelete